Why do volcanoes erupt?
Write an ancient myth that explains, to your readers, why volcanoes erupt.
- ancient (adjective) [EYN-shuhnt] 远古的
- Ancient means belonging to the distant past, especially to the period in history before the end of the Roman Empire.
They found an ancient drawing inside the cave.
- myth (noun) [mith] 神话
- A myth is a well-known story which was made up in the past to explain natural events or to justify religious beliefs or social customs.
The Indian Chief told a fantastic myth about the sun.
- erupt (verb) [IH-rupt] （火山）喷发，爆发
- to burst forth; to eject matter
The volcanoe may erupt within the next year.